Ario Caves Project Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who's coming?

+4
phil baker
RoryR
Steph
Mike Bottomley
8 posters

Go down

Who's coming? Empty Who's coming?

Post by Mike Bottomley Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:53 pm

So, to kickstart planning for the 2020 expedition, it would be useful to know who's keen! :-)

Current thinking from our point of view is a 3 week expo during the first 3 weeks of September, or possibly a 4 week expo incorporating the last week of August as well. Considerations have to be made to the refugio, which is very busy during the summer months and where some people will want to stay and eat, hence September is a good time to go, and weather can be a bit cooler then as well.

Aims of the expo will be to continue work in C4 - several bolt climbing projects which need continuing/finishing - with the aim of closing the gap with F64 as well as pushing further up the main streamway. Excellent progress was also made in 27/9 this year, and so more work there would be great. We would like to end the expo with either lots of new passage and ongoing leads in C4, or C4 de-rigged if leads pushed to a conclusion.

Please can everyone keen on coming register their interest here by replying to this post and we can get a list of names together. Also, who might be interested to help with planning (both before the expo and on the ground), and any foreseen objections/problems with dates.

The plan will be to apply for the permit as soon as possible once dates confirmed.

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited by Mike Bottomley on Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mike Bottomley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Who's coming? Empty Re: Who's coming?

Post by Steph Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:07 pm

Go wan sure. I'll go :-) but I'm not leading it on the ground. I'll be too busy bagging cave and eating Chorizo at camp

Steph
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RoryR Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:46 am

I'm in. I am able to do some organizing but do not think I'm the right person to be leaing the expedition.

RoryR

Back to top Go down

Post by phil baker Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:40 am

I'm currently keen - can do 28th August onwards. Happy to help organise some stuff but not in a position to lead at moment...

phil baker

Back to top Go down

Post by Steph Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:59 am

Great stuff guys! :-) Lets hope a few more are keen!

Lets not worry too much about who's leading or not......Steph and I happy to organise, with some help of course, and during the expedition leading can be a collaborative effort between the group out there, as it should be. Its not like we're going somewhere completely new.....we have clear objectives, plenty of kit out there, some new kit to take as there'll be plenty of ropes to replace in C4, but we already have lots of kit like sleeping bags, drills and LOADS of batteries etc etc.

The main annoyances with organising are just trying to get people to confirm if they're coming or not, and when etc. Once this is sorted and we have a group it will flow from there :-D

Cheers,
Mike

Steph
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TLeung Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:27 pm

I am planning to join the expo after hearing what the team found in summer 2019.
There is no way I could help organising anything unfortunately, as sorting myself to come from the other side of the world (from Hong Kong) would be quite challenging already!

TLeung

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Rose Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:56 pm

I am planning to come early Sept. will help Rory out where required!

Phil Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by pmccarron97 Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:09 pm

RoryR wrote:I'm in. I am able to do some organizing but do not think I'm the right person to be leaing the expedition.

Rory had asked if I wanted to possibly tag along this year.
I'll be heading into final year of Uni around the time of this expedition, and i'm awaiting to hear back from the University for dates of when i'll be required on campus from to choose my final year project/dissertation as I had mentioned to Rory.

However, i'm interested in joining after hearing of progress and from chatting to Stephen McNamara of his time out at it. As a result, I will probably head over to Ario after I spend a bit of time in Dachstein. Being from Northern Ireland, I mightn't be of any use with regards to planning, but will attempt to help out where/when required.

I'll keep you posted once I know more on my end, and if dates/times end up conflicting or not, I will let you know at the earliest possible time. Very Happy

Regards,
Paul McCarron

pmccarron97

Back to top Go down

Post by Callum Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:56 pm

Yo, sorry for the delayed reply. Put me down as coming. Dates depend slightly on climbing comps again, which are still a secret for the UK, but I'm prepared to miss that if needs must.
I'll bring the caving schnapps but someone else has to bring the caving baccy this time.
Happy to assist in organising where I can be of help. The only thing I'd be qualified to lead is a dramatic downward spiral though.

Callum

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Bottomley Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:26 pm

Hi all,

So it looks like we have a small team forming for an expo, end of august/september.

However, we are still too small a team to tackle C4 properly.

Please.....if anyone knows of anyone who is interested but hasnt signed up, can you please encourage them to do so ASAP!

Also, if anyone is interested to put a Ghar Parau Application in, the deadline is the end of this month. I can send on copies of our past applications, which will help whoever takes this on, to complete the online application. Neither Steph or I have the time to do this, so its up to the group to sort this out if they want it.

Thanks,
Mike

Mike Bottomley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum