Ario Caves Project Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GG Sunday bank holiday weekend

+2
adamwalmsley
Mike Bottomley
6 posters

Go down

GG Sunday bank holiday weekend Empty GG Sunday bank holiday weekend

Post by Mike Bottomley Sun May 21, 2017 9:28 pm

Thinking of a play with the cave links sunday up at GG if anyone interested?

Post up on here if fancy coming along.

Cheers,

Mike Bottomley
Admin

Back to top Go down

GG Sunday bank holiday weekend Empty Re: GG Sunday bank holiday weekend

Post by adamwalmsley Mon May 22, 2017 5:03 pm

YeP

adamwalmsley

Back to top Go down

Post by acemace Mon May 22, 2017 7:31 pm

Should be around for the Sat and Sun, not sure about Mon!!

acemace

Back to top Go down

Post by clairedunphy Tue May 23, 2017 9:09 pm

I'll be around Sat and Sun & up for caving both days. Is anyone camping at GG on Friday or Saturday/is a permit or something needed?? Thanks, Stephen.

clairedunphy

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkS Wed May 24, 2017 7:58 pm

I'm around for the whole weekend.

MarkS

Back to top Go down

Post by Steph Thu May 25, 2017 11:36 am

Hey all,

Really great to hear you all will be up.
Mike and I will be up in some forum or another all weekend.

I'm working Fri and Mon but up there for the rest. Mike has a fell race on the Mon.

Diff will be up Fri eve and Sat.

Mike and Jason are going to Far waters on Sat
Diff, Ems and I will be going to Hallucination aven, anyone welcome its a cracker of a trip for those who havent done it.

I suggest we bring the cave link with us Sun and have a play

On Sunday night I am putting a barrel on in the ale tent for a very dear friend of ours Brian McGavin to celebrate the uncountable epic trips and drinking sessions we had with him MWAH.

Does anyone need a lend of any kit for the hill? I'll be up there from tonight but contactable during the day tomoz but only via internet no ph signal at the cave.

For those who have not been up there, you are camping guests of mine and pitch your tent beside/near to our Alpkit tent, pics of it on my Facebook page. I'll be around Fri eve to show people but its on the L side of the beck upstream of the ale tent

Steph
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Bottomley Fri May 26, 2017 12:15 pm

Hi all,

Further to Steph's msg, she will be up at GG from late afternoon today and most likely doing a quick caving trip with Diff this eve. I'll be heading up at some point tonight.

Tomorrow was going to be a far waters trip, but with the forecast being as it is, it will probably have to be a little bimble around in the drier parts of GG. Anyone keen to cave who doesnt get up to GG tonight should aim to get up to GG for around 10.30am.

Feel free to come up and camp. Steph has mentioned above where our tent is if want to camp near us. You'll need to bring beer/cider/wine as the beer in the beer tent is all pre-bought, although there may be some spare tickets floating around.....always worth asking. Of course, you'll need stove, food etc etc.

If forecast is better for sunday, then 'may' have a far waters trip then, although folk are obviously free to do what they want as most entrances rigged i expect. If you are thinking far waters, its worth having some neoprene as quite wet in places, and decent knee pads as mostly hands and knees crawling. I usually wear a neofleece which is good. If wanting to go to hallucination aven, a neoprene hood is essential. The southgate duck isnt usually too bad, and usually do-able on ones front with helmet off. I usually stick my neoprene hood on since have it.

If not camping and just up for day trips, then just get up to GG for 10-10.30 either day as i say.

Hope to get cave links up there, but havent had them out of box yet (too busy!) so we'll see.

Steph is working monday, and i'll be heading off the fell late sunday night, but obviously feel free to stay up and cave!

Cheers,

Mike Bottomley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Bottomley Fri May 26, 2017 3:58 pm

Okay, so have read the manual....sort of.....and had a play. I think i've set up 3 units - 1 for surface and 2 for deployment underground, say, in main chamber and sand cavern. Will try this out tomorrow all being well!

Mike Bottomley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Bottomley Tue May 30, 2017 9:53 am

Great to see all those who made it up to GG at the weekend!

We had a good play with the Cave Links on the saturday, and were able to txt jokes between mud hall, sand cavern and the surface.....lol

The units were easy to use, and worked brilliantly even with poor antenna placement.

Mike Bottomley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down