Kit logistics - IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kit logistics - IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

Post by Mike Bottomley on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:46 pm

Kit logistics needs discussing ASAP so that we know who can take what and when. It might be that the expedition has to cover a few hold bags, or sort shipment of a crate of gear if we're struggling...

Re getting kit to Ario:

Richard Gregson has very kindly offered to bring some kit out to Ario for the start of the expedition. I am hoping he will bring rope, drills, metalwork, tents for at refugio as well as C4 entrance, some sleeping bags/mats as well as few other bits and pieces (stoves/pansets etc).

Looking at other vehicles travelling out to Ario, there is Rich Hudson and Phil/Keith/Stuart. Do you think you guys can bring out some of the underground camp equipment? And how much room will you have?

Re getting kit back to UK

It looks like the only cars travelling back will be Dave/Helens and Tony's. The main things to come back to UK will be drills, all Alpkit and DMM sponsored kit (tents/sleeping bags/mats/jackets/stoves etc), any loaned kit, as well as few other bits and pieces.

Dave/Helen/Tony.....do you reckon you'll be able to bring kit back, and how much space will you have. It might be that a few things can come back with Rich H as well as Phil/Keith if not needed after the weekend 8th/9th July so thats something to bear in mind.

Mike Bottomley
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kit logistics - IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

Post by Diff on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:01 pm

Hi All, I would like to get 3 lights driven out to Ario. I don't think I can carry them on the plane because of the type of batteries they use.
I have them in one small drybag about the size of a small sleeping bag (3KG).
I will bring the bag with me this weekend and hand over to Steph/ Mike in the Peak.
Thanks,
Diff
PS If possible it would be nice if they came back, but if not I can recycle them in Spain at the end of the holiday... only joking! I mean at the end of the expo of course.

Diff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by philbaker on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:55 pm

How much space depends on if Howard is coming out with us - he's recovering from a shoulder injury and is away this week - I've emailed him to see when he will know. Similarly on the way back.... If only three of us, then should get the camp kit in OK - will be a seat spare

philbaker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rich Hudson on Sat May 13, 2017 3:42 pm

Diff, I'm assuming that you are talking about Lion batteries? No problem flying with them. If they are unplugged and in a designed case (battery holder on the back of a helmet for example) then they can go in hold. Otherwise they are accepted in hand luggage. I've just been to Mulu with a bunch of caving light and drill batteries and had no problems with flights.
Apologies as well, due to work constraints i won't be able to drive now but have to fly. Unfortunately this means that i won't be able to transport exped kit out.

Rich Hudson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by axel on Fri May 26, 2017 8:34 am

Hi all,
has anyone some place left in a car for some of my gear?
logistics are a bit challenging for me as I arrive late and have a lot of camera equipment with me. It really would be a help if I could fly in (3.8.) with only 1 bag.
flying out with 2 bags won't be an issue...

axel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top