Ario Caves Project Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Food at Ario

2 posters

Go down

Food at Ario Empty Food at Ario

Post by pauline Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:58 pm

Can you tell me what food is like at the refugio and in camp? I am strictly gluten free. Just wondering how easy it will be to adapt and what to bring with me. I eat meat, dairy, and most other things.

pauline

Back to top Go down

Food at Ario Empty Re: Food at Ario

Post by Steph Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:09 pm

Ah indeed, I reckon you'd be much better off getting your own stuff to be sure and getting it taken up on the donkey. I wouldn't have thought the Refugio do Gluten free and even so....I'd not risk it.

Steph
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:16 am

I will certainly bring my own cave type food, but the rest of the time hope to eat some real food as well. I accept that it might not be the most straightforward thing... if anyone acknowledges what a pain in the bum it is to be GF then it's me. But it would be good to know what kind of food they serve in the refugio so that I can see how things might fit in and also how camp catering tends to work for those that do it. For instance, if I could eat meat at the rifugio that would be a massive help and I remember Picos' steaks being particularly fine.

pauline

Back to top Go down

Post by Steph Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:04 am

Yeah it is, but I'm sure it's equally not something that anyone would choose to be, as its more of a pain in the arse for you.

The refugio serves alot of rice and smash like potato. The meat dishes tend to compromise of chunks of Lomo, some form of pork chop/fillet in a gravy and mixes of lentil, chorizo and bits of veg. Chicken stew and a carb.

Any additions people. There isnt ever a menu, its basically either meat or veggie options

Breakfasts are eggs if the hens havent hidden them again Laughing Laughing bread, butter, jams, cheese and bacon.

Hope this helps.

Steph
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steph Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:53 am

Pauline can we relocate this discussion to the now new Food glorious Food thread. It's an important point so thought id give it a dedicated thread. Thanks

Steph
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down