Timetable - IMPORTANT

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Timetable - IMPORTANT

Post by Steph on Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:53 pm

Brill Howard would be great to have you along for even longer. Just some food for thought but there are friends of the expedition who will be out during those two weeks for running and biking etc. So you'll not be entirely on your tod if you find your should fatigues underground. Hoping you a speedy recovery nevertheless.

Steph

Steph
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jwhistler on Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:05 pm

Probably being a bit thick here, but does expo finish on 16 Jul? I had in my head it went on longer, but the timetable says differently.

jwhistler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Steph on Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:10 pm

Go with the timetable your not thick we just pulled it back as no one fancied being there for the de tackle. If there is a strong enough team wanting to stay out longer, we'll extend it as there is shit loads to keep going at. For the moment the end is the 16th

Last edited by Steph on Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Steph
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jwhistler on Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:15 pm

That's fine and makes sense thanks. Looking like I might have to hire a car by myself atm, unless there are people interested in sharing my car back to the airport (I appear to be the only one arriving on the 8th!).

jwhistler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Steph on Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:18 pm

Hopefully, we can make it work and it's likely that we can. Worse case, you could get public transport if the cost is prohibitive.

Steph
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Steph on Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:20 pm

Fleur might be flexible and go with you rather than Diff and I, maybe? Worth asking

Steph
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jwhistler on Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:26 pm

Hmm, don't really want to spend 2 days out of a 9 day trip travelling - public transport takes bloody ages - though perhaps could do public transport on the way there and maybe get a lift with someone to the airport on the way back. Do you know if anyone is travelling to Oviedo on the 16th who might have a place in their car? Not had much in the way of replies to my thread on the Car hire section of the forum.

jwhistler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Steph on Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:32 pm

Those traveling on those days will be on the timeline https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sxgyOgCRNiFXG1RdG4_x8jxo0qQc88dYeQwkzzBbnE4

and just get the conversation going with others here on the forum. Nudge them for me!!
but don't forget to ask Fleur in the meantime

Steph
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fleur on Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:29 pm

fleur wrote:
Mike Bottomley wrote:Fleur......Steph is thinking of heading out with Diff on 28th June (Weds). Fancy coming out with us that day for a week and a half, so until 8th/9th July?

Yes, seems sensible, Fleur.

I booked my flights. 28th to 8th. bounce
Steph/Diff - do you want me to arrange a car for the three of us?

fleur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Steph on Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:22 pm

Awesome Fleur, where from Stansted to Asturias?

Steph
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fleur on Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:00 pm

Yep stansted to asturias. I will be flying with Les in both directions, means I can get a lift back home after :-)

fleur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Steph on Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:37 pm

Yeah that makes sense :-) Awesome

Steph
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rich Hudson on Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:07 pm

I'm planning on driving down on 25th June and leaving with the aim of getting back to the UK on Sat 8th July. I'll probably be taking some exped kit but could fit another person (maybe 2) in as well.

Rich Hudson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Bottomley on Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:54 pm

To give a bit of an idea of plan for start of expo, here is a rough plan of action:

Thurs 22nd June: Mike, Ben H, Shane M?, Adam P? and Mark S? collected from Oviedo airport at 10am by Richard Gregson. Head to Los Lagos to meet donkeys from the refugio. Get expedition kit plus personal kit up the hill. If weather good, two people to mark out route to C4 with reflective markers/tape.

Friday 23rd June: 2 people set up tent at C4 entrance. 2 people set up gear tents at refugio, plus pull required gear out of "gear store" Prob need someone to supervise another donkey load of kit up from los lagos. Prepare for rigging trips into C4.

Saturday 24th June: 2-3 people start re-rigging C4 and replacing of ropes. 2 people to carry kit to C4 entrance plus organisation of gear store at refugio. Arrival of more people - Steve M?, Claire D?, Jock R?, Reuben H?, Pauline R? in evening.

Sunday 25th June: Two teams working in C4 on re-rigging/replacing of ropes. Possible arrival of one or two others. Rich H?

Monday 26th June: Continue and possibly finish re-rigging in C4. Prepare equipment for taking down to camp. Phil, Keith, Stu, Howard W? to arrive in the evening.

Mike Bottomley
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jockr on Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:57 pm

Hi Mike Just to confiem that Steve M, Claire D, Jock R are indeed booked and planning to arrive up on the afternoon/evening Saturday 24th

jockr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top